Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Monday, March 05, 2012

Character Mapping





How do I open Character Map?

Mac OS X:

The Character Palette appears in the Input menu. The Input menu looks like a flag in the top-right corner of your Menu Bar. If you don't see the Input menu in the menu bar do next:

    Open System Preferences ? International (like on the picture).
    Click Input Menu, then click the check-boxes next to Character Palette and "Show Input menu in menu bar".

    View picture to see how this is supposed to look like after you're done:

First step choose language











This Mac user Chose Unicode instead of English. Unicode Rocks!
 
Windows XP, Vista and 7:

Open Character Map by clicking:

Start


Then clicking Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking Character Map. If you want to use it often, just send the link to the Desktop.

Windows adds characters easily

My next post will be more complicated but more rewarding. I will show you how to map your own font, and I will use the example of using your own printing. Everyone has a unique print set, taught (for me) in the 1st and 2nd grades. I cut out letters in the first grade and learned to arrange them into words, and next grade did countless practice sheets of the CAPS and lower case characters. Script writing is much easier then printing and I have always wondered why. I may have associated printing with simple things, but I think I like the end result of handwriting.


                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment